Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Drop Vereen & Sproles?

Drop Vereen & Sproles? 2 years 10 months ago #441

• hackhype
  • Administrator
scottpaulis.png
@hackhype do I drop Vereen&Sproles for T. Lockett, Aiken, Amendola, Marvin Jones, Denard Robinson or Josh Robinson for better upside? (Std)
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by hackhype.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Drop Vereen & Sproles? 2 years 10 months ago #443

• dinella
  • Thank you received: 1
I like Lockette and Amendola. Pats play Buffalo next week. Last time Amendola played the Bills he went over 100 yards. Lockette's nickname is 'Rocket' enough said.

Drop Vereen & Sproles? 2 years 10 months ago #446

• wilson
  • Thank you received: 2
I'd go with Vereen and Marvin Jones

Drop Vereen & Sproles? 2 years 10 months ago #447

• barrett
  • Premium Member
Conservative: Darren Sproles, Marvin Jones
Gambler: Marvin Jones, Kamar Aiken
Dynasty: Tyler Lockett, Kamar Aiken

i trust Sproles to get more PT. He'll be a third down back, line up in the slot and return kicks. That's more chances that he will rack up some points.

I don't know how Vereen will be used. i'm taking a wait and see approach with him. Giants offense looked shaky to me during preseason, but that mean a lot. Let's see how the PT is split between him, Williams and Jennings. Right now i see him as the third down back, that's all.

Tyler Lockett looks really good for a dynasty league. He's worth a flier in a really deep standard league (14 or 16 teams) as long as he gets points for return yards. But Seattle hasn't passed much in the future. At best he's the third wide receiver. And his touches will be limited further by Jimmy Graham's presence. At best, Lockett will break one or two wr screens for TDs, and he'll return a couple kicks for TDs. Do you want to guess week to week which game he's gonna score in?

Long term, Aiken has a chance to break out. He is in the second year of that offense. But if Baltimore is still running Kubiak's offense you have to decide if two wide receivers can excel there. My guess is that this year Flacco feeds Smith and the tight ends. But if he establishes trust with Aiken; especially before Perriman is ready to comeback, he may be a breakout prospect.

I wouldn't trust anyone in the Patriot offense except Brady and Gronkowski. Everyone else's PT is week to week.

Denard Robinson is a change of pace back, which is better than a third down back as far as touches go. But there is no proof that Jacksonville has a good offense. And he's in a division with Houston and Tennessee. Houston has a good defense. Tennessee's defense has a chance to be pretty good, too.

Unless Gore gets hurt, i don't see Josh Robinson getting a lot of touches. Take him only in a deep league, as a handcuff.

Drop Vereen & Sproles? 2 years 10 months ago #448

I'm in a 14 team Standard league.

I have Jamaal Charles and Mark Ingram at RB 1/2, and also have Tre Mason, but other than Vereen and Sproles, I don't have any other RBs I can play (like during bye weeks) except for Sproles and Vereen. These 2 were probably poor draft choices, so I'm trying to re-inforce at the RB position, for bye weeks and potential injuries to my 2 starters.

At WR I'm pretty stocked with Emmanuel Sanders, Andre Johnson, John Brown, Eddie Royal, Stevie Johnson, so while Lockett and Amendola may be good options, I'm not sure if I should try to get more RBs not more WRs.

Thoughts?
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by ravenscottyp.

Drop Vereen & Sproles? 2 years 10 months ago #450

• barrett
  • Premium Member
The good news is that you have time to make a move. Charles' bye week is 10 and Ingram's is 11. So, unless they get injured, you shouldn't be pressured. You could just continue to scan the waiver wire. Wait for someone to drop a back.

A 14 team league probably leaves scraps on waiver. Is Rashad Jennings available? Latavius Murray?

You could try to pick Knile Davis and C. J. Spiller as injury protection.
You can also look for running backs that will be splitting carries. Dallas backs? Atlanta backs? Philly backs?
Or you can put Royal and Brown on the block and see if you can get a back that way.
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds