Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Watson or Newton?

Watson or Newton? 3 months 5 days ago #1485

• hackhype
  • Administrator
paco @LeeHarveyAwsome

@hackhype which qb opens my season? Watson or Newton?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Watson or Newton? 3 months 5 days ago #1488

• horton
Watson was phenomenal in his stint last year. He will be forced to pass it again this year and his weapons are fast and sure handed. Newton on the other hand will be dinking and dunking all year. Watson also churns out the rushing yards whereas Newton has become increasingly hesitant to put his body on the line. Start Watson with confidence.

Watson or Newton? 3 months 5 days ago #1489

• barrett
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
The conservative answer is Newton. He has a track record. But the Panthers just lost their LT Matt Kalil. They could struggle to protect Cam. When that happened in 2016, he wasn't as productive.

Watson is the trendy pick. The negatives on him is that he had a small sample size. And the league will catch up with him. But usually, the league, "catches up" after a full season. And it is after someone has success against him. No one has stopped him yet.

So i would go with Watson over Newton in most weeks; at least until someone finds his kryptonite. Also note, Watson played behind one of the worst lines in the league last season. If that line improves, it will help him.
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds