Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Watson out. C Newton or J Brissett?

Watson out. C Newton or J Brissett? 1 month 1 week ago #1445

• hackhype
  • Administrator
Angela Hammersmith (@akhammersmith)

@hackhype Watson out so now I have to choose between C Newton & J Brissett. Bummed. Help!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Watson out. C Newton or J Brissett? 1 month 1 week ago #1447

• horton
I'm on the Brissett train, improving weekly and no longer has the threat of Luck hovering over his job. He can embrace the title fully now and may be a bit more unleashed. Cam is Cam and he just lost his #1WR - who wasn't doing much in the first place. Cam is now without Olsen and Benjamin. Those dump offs to Christian aren't gonna win you many games. Carolina hasn't had a legit WR since Steve Smith.

Watson out. C Newton or J Brissett? 1 month 1 week ago #1450

• barrett
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
i agree. Brissett is the safer pick.

Brissett is facing a HOU DEF that gave up 43 fantasy points to Russell Wilson, 31 fantasy points to Alex Smith and 14 fantasy points to Marcus Mariota in one half. Brissett has a similar skill set as these three QBs. So that bodes well. Plus, because of the IND DEF, the game has the chance to be a shootout which would mean Brissett would have to continue to perform.

Cam Newton and the CAR OFF has to adjust without Kelvin Benjamin. This is an offense that has been inconsistent. The ATL DEF will be a bigger challenge to him than HOU DEF will be for Brissett. Aaron Rodgers got 21 fantasy points against the ATL DEF. And Tyrod Taylor only had 14 fantasy points. Plus, the ATL OFF has been as inconsistent as the CAR OFF. This game could be a shootout. But it is just as likely to be a defensive struggle.

Going forward, you'll want to pay attention to how Curtis Samuel and Christian McCaffrey is used. If Carolina and Newton are able to get something out of them (especially if it is downfield) then you could feel confident with Newton for the rest of the season.
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds