Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Start Watson or Stafford?

Start Watson or Stafford? 2 months 2 weeks ago #1398

• hackhype
  • Administrator
Angela Hammersmith (@akhammersmith)

@hackhype Watson or Stafford for QB in week 4?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Start Watson or Stafford? 2 months 2 weeks ago #1401

• horton
Excellent question. I’ve spent a good majority of this week pondering Watson and I’m here to tell you that he could be a star. No one confuses QBs like Belichek and he put up 300 yards on the Pats. In addition to that he’s got a stud WR and a coach who has decided to throw conventionality to the wind and open up the playbook for the former first round pick. I like Watson’s pedigree and it looks like he’s already ready to show what he can do. He’s a smarter craftier Michael Vick who can read defenses about a 1000 percent better than Vick could do as a rookie - and we know how Vick’s rookie season went (spectacular if you don’t know). Throw in the element of his running game and he could be on the verge of some huge games in the future with a not so daunting schedule.

Stafford - you basically know what you’re gonna get. Tate and Golliday are serviceable but they are not lights out - well at least Golliday isn’t for another year or so. Not to mention that the Lions offense is still somewhat hamstrung by having no bruiser so I see a lot of check downs in Staffords future. Stafford is about as boom or bust as he’s ever been and that’s why I’d rather go ahead with the rookie who’s probably gonna have to throw - and run - to keep his team in games.

Start Watson or Stafford? 2 months 2 weeks ago #1402

• barrett
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
i agree. But i do think Watson is more boom or bust. We're still learning what HOU will do, the offensive line is still in flux. And they are steadily getting back more offensive weapons. Both TEs are in their second weeks back from concussions and speedster Will Fuller is coming back from a broken collarbone. He could be active for this game.

Deshaun Watson vs. TEN
Tennessee gives up the 4th most fantasy points to the QB position.

TEN gave up 373 passing yards and 4 TDs to Russell Wilson and a struggling SEA offense. I don't think Watson will reach those numbers. But in a game that should be close throughout, i can see him throwing for around 250 yards. And he has averaged 54 yards rushing in his two starts. TEN gave up 262 to Derek Carr and 223 to Blake Bortles. The key to his fantasy success will be if he turns the ball over. TEN forced 3 turnovers against Bortles. But didn't get one against OAK or SEA.

Matthew Stafford @ MIN
Minnesota has given up the 16th most fantasy points to Quarterbacks this season.

Last season, against MIN, Stafford threw for 219 points, with 2 TDs and 1 INT in week 9. In week 11, he threw for 232, with 1 TD. i anticipate a similar performance on Sunday. MIN defense should improve. DE Danielle Hunter has not gotten a sack this season, last season he had 12.5. Last season, they were 6th best against QBs. And they haven't lost anyone from their defense this year.
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds