Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Smith, Marriotta, Stafford, or Cousins?

Smith, Marriotta, Stafford, or Cousins? 2 months 2 weeks ago #1396

• hackhype
  • Administrator
LTC (@LTC_34)

@hackhype Should I start Smith, Marriotta, Stafford, or Cousins?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Smith, Marriotta, Stafford, or Cousins? 2 months 2 weeks ago #1397

• barrett
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
i rank these four 1) Smith, 2) Stafford, 3) Mariota, 4) Cousins. But i think they are pretty close. The difference between these four will probably be who gets the TDs and who make the turnovers. Smith and Stafford are the safe picks. But, if i had these options and i was projected to lose this week, i would consider starting Mariota. He can Boom or Bust against the Texans.

Alex Smith vs. WAS
Washington has given up the 6th fewest fantasy points to Quarterbacks this season.

Washington has forced seven turnovers this season, five against QBs. They have four interceptions and recovered a Carson Wentz fumble. After his 368 yard, 4 TD performance in week one, Smith has averaged 203 yards and 1.5 TDs. And he has not turned the ball over. I expect KCC to control this game with their defense, and Smith to manage the game. So maybe he gets around 200 yards pass and another 10 or 20 yards rushing and some combination of 2 TDs with no turnovers.

Matthew Stafford @ MIN
Minnesota has given up the 16th most fantasy points to Quarterbacks this season.

Last season, against MIN, Stafford threw for 219 points, with 2 TDs and 1 INT in week 9. In week 11, he threw for 232, with 1 TD. i anticipate a similar performance on Sunday.

Marcus Mariota @ HOU
Houston has given up the 8th most fantasy points to Quarterbacks this season.

The Texans defense gave up 378 yards and 5 TDs to Tom Brady last week. That was the first time they had given up over 300 yards since week 6 in 2015 against Jacksonville. Dalton & Bortles combined for 349 yards and 1 TD in the other two games. Mariota had one of his worst games against Houston last season. He threw for 202 yards and an INT with 20 yards rushing. The Tennessee offensive line has improved since then. But J. J. Watt did not play in that game. But J. J. Watt has yet to play like J. J. Watt this season...

Kirk Cousins @ KCC
Kansas City has given up the 7th fewest fantasy points to Quarterbacks this season.

Cousins had a breakout last week. But i don't see much success for Washington on the road against Kansas City. Even without Eric Berry, KCC has held its last two opponents to a combined 30 points and gotten 4 interceptions among five turnovers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds