Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ingram, Charles, Smallwood, Collins, Foreman?

Ingram, Charles, Smallwood, Collins, Foreman? 2 months 2 weeks ago #1394

• hackhype
  • Administrator
Keith Thompson (@duk93)

@hackhype give me top pick ROY and next yr (std scoring, keep forever): Ingram, Charles, Smallwood, Collins, Foreman. Thx!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ingram, Charles, Smallwood, Collins, Foreman? 2 months 2 weeks ago #1395

• barrett
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Ingram is a true number one back. Although he's part of a backfield committee, he leads the team in rushes, rushing yards, receptions and receiving yards. Conservatively, barring injuries, i'd guess he'd get 800 yards and 40 receptions. That's his floor, none of the other backs listed will come close to those numbers.

All of the other backs are in growing roles. It sounds like you're in a dynasty league. So taking that into consideration, i would rank Foreman second. Of the remaining backs he is most likely to be an every down number one for a team eventually. After being an after thought in week one, he got 12 carries in week two and 8 carries and 2 catches in week three. He is explosive enough to have the potential for big plays. And at 6'0" 233 pounds, he's big enough to vulture some goal line opportunities.

Next, i pick Smallwood. At 5'10" 200 pounds, he's sort of a tweener back. He's praised for his quickness and vision, but not his speed. He's sounds like a good back, but his coaches put him behind 34 year old, Darren Sproles and 31 year old LeGarrette Blount. With Sproles on injured reserve he will get a chance to prove himself. And he did get 12 carries in week three, as did Blount. So it looks like a 50/50 split going forward, with Blount likely getting the goal line carries. Smallwood could eventually become Philly's number one back. But again, barring injuries, it would not be until next season at the earliest.

If this isn't a dynasty league, i would be tempted to put Charles ahead of Smallwood. He's playing on a team that runs the ball well. He has had at least 9 carries in all three games so far. And he has the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. But he has a penchant for fumbling. And he has been injured the last two seasons, so i can't see anything more than a part time role for him going forward.

Alex Collins has put up some impressive numbers the last two weeks. But he has benefited for West's calf injury and a couple of one sided games. In week two, Collins got his first carry in the last series of the third quarter, after the score was already 21-10. He also lost a fumble in that game. In week three, Collins had 2 carries for 2 yards in the first half of the game against the Jaguars. The other 7 carries and 80 yards came after the score was 37-0. i don't think he'll get an increase in carries unless West continues to struggle with his calf injury. Even then the most you could hope for would be a 50/50 split with Javorius Allen. And the Ravens have a bad offense.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds